The Importance of a mobile Web Design
Canadians are enamored with their smartphones. That’s the determination of a new study published by Google recently when the Internet heavyweight surveyed ten thousand Canadians mid in 2014. If you are planning to employ a web design professional, you had better look at the following statistics:
- Approximately a third of all Canadians utilized a smartphone in 2012, but today that percentage has inflated to an astounding 86%.
- Nearly 80% of Canadians do not leave home without taking their smartphone with them.
- Roughly 67% of them use their smartphones each day for the past week.
- More than 3 in 4 use their smartphone to hunt for merchandise or business.
- About 25% of smartphone users purchased something online on their mobile device. Of those, approximately a fourth made a purchase in the final month when the study was conducted, and close to the same amount of users make an internet purchase every month.
- More than a twenty-five percent of those reviewed changed their mind about a purchase once they utilized their mobile phone to explore the product online.
- More than 35% are so in love with their smartphone they would rather abandon their TV before they separate from their mobile.
The Implications of Mobile Use for Website Design
So what does this all mean for you as a business owner? That is quite elementary: when it comes to creating a business website, designers cannot merely come up with a design that is optimal for routine desktop and laptop users. The smaller screen of the smartphone must also be looked at, because Canadians are progressively using their smartphones to make internet purchases. The website needs to load properly across all of the different browsers, that includes the mobile browsers on ios and apple. Keeping a website looking good on all devices, is now a priority for business owners.